The well-being and safety of our guests and also of our employees is our highest priority. With our protective measures you will also stay healthy in the Belvedere. We kindly ask you not to start your journey if you show symptoms of respiratory diseases or fever. We ask for your understanding for possible waiting times that could occur due to the protective measures.
Update September 2021
From 13 September 2021, the extended certificate obligation will apply in Switzerland. In this context, we have decided to introduce a general certificate obligation in our hotel. This means that all guests aged 16 and over must show us a valid Swiss or EU Covid certificate together with an identification on arrival. Thank you very much in advance for your understanding.
We hope for your understanding, that without a certificate, it is no longer possible to stay overnight with us.
You do not have a certificate yet?
- The Coop Vitality pharmacy in Grindelwald offers rapid antigen tests in the village centre. Appointments can only be booked online.
- You can have PCR and antigen rapid tests done at the Walk-In Test Centre of the Dr. Portmann Pharmacy in the Grindelwald Terminal. An appointment is not necessary.
Entering into Switzerland as a guests from third countries outside EU/EFTA/Schengen
- Vaccinated with an EMA vaccine, i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen/Johnson&Johnson, AstraZeneca and all licenses such as Covishield, etc.
Until 10 October 2021, all human-readable vaccination cards (included: Personal information, vaccine, vaccination country and vaccination date, in Swiss national languages, English or Spanish) are valid. This is an interim solution so that the conversion process can be prepared. Because afterwards the certificates have to be converted into a Swiss certificate. Details are currently being worked out at federal and cantonal level.
- Vaccinated with other vaccines
In a transitional phase until 10 October 2021, all foreign vaccination certificates (e.g. WHO vaccination certificate) will be valid for access to our hotel.
After that, unfortunately, the foreign certificates are no longer valid. There is currently no possibility to convert these certificates. Therefore testing is the only option to obtain a Swiss certificate and have access to our hotel.
Duty to wear masks
In the entrance area at check-in, masks are still mandatory at the Hotel Belvedere. With a valid Covid certificate checked by us, all guests are then allowed to use the hotel facilities without a mask.
- All «touch points» in the hotel are disinfected several times a day. This concerns light switches, door handles, lift buttons, stair railings etc.
- Please help to observe the 1,5m distance rule and observe the floor markings provided for this purpose.
- Disinfection stations are available for guests and staff throughout the hotel
- We have adapted our breakfast buffet to the protective measures and will be happy to serve you anything you cannot find on the buffet at the moment. The implementation of the protective measures is a great challenge for us, especially for breakfast when the hotel is very busy. We ask for your understanding that not all guests can have breakfast at the same time and that waiting times may occur.
- Dinner is served on a half-board basis, taking into account the hygiene measures. If necessary, there will be two fixed meal times in the evening. In this case the guests will be informed by us in advance.
- Room service is available for breakfast and dinner for our guests, subject to availability.
The wellness area is accessible to a limited number of people.
In each room, all surfaces are disinfected after the departure of the guests in addition to the usual cleaning.
As far as possible we realize a contactless check-in and check-out. You have the possibility to enter your data via your «MyPage» before your arrival.
Our employees wear protective masks. Please read their smiles
Entry into Switzerland
- For information on entering Switzerland, please consult the website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).
- You can find out whether entry from your country of origin is currently permitted on the website of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).
- The interactive travel check tool shows you what measures apply to you.